The Bulk Liquids Industry Association Inc. is the national association of companies and organisations involved in the movement of bulk liquids between ship and shore. The representation also includes landside logistic suppliers and end users.
The Bulk Liquids Industry Association was granted Incorporation in the state of New South Wales effective from 27 March 2007 and became known as Bulk Liquids Industry Association Incorporated Inc. 9887237
The association is administered by a Committee of Management elected by members at the Annual General Meeting.
The 2014 Executive elected at the Annual General Meeting were: -
PRESIDENT………Gordon Lasker General Manager Stolt-Nielsen
VICE PRESIDENT….Greg Croaker Business Manager Quality Logistic Services Australia [QLSA]
PUBLIC OFFICER….Shayne Johnson [Western Containers]
SECRETARY……… Michael Halley [Michael B Halley]
BLIA has an alliance with the Melbourne ISO Club www.isoclub.asn.au and members are invited to the monthly luncheon organised by that group. BLIA members are also mailed a copy of the ISO Club Activities Newsletter.
The next will be organised by the new executive and advised when details are complete.
NEW MEMBERS OR NEWS ABOUT:
Disembarking at NSW Ports
- Jim Pullin at NSW Ports Botany retired in July and has become a Grey Nomad.
- Further south a Port Kembla Ray Smith also retired in July.
- Wayne Ashton newly appointed Bulk Liquids Berth Manager will assume the responsibilities at both Ports.
- Sydney Ports Corporation has withdrawn from membership as NSW Ports took over responsibility for Bulk Liquids handling..
- Peter Beekman Principal of PRB International and a past President discontinued his membership in September 2013. Peter is returning to New Zealand to live out his retirement.
- Geelong Ports has joined the association
- A number of companies did not renew membership for 2014
TRANSPORT OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS:
Following a fatal crash in metropolitan Sydney involving a bulk liquid tanker where it was determined that the vehicle was un-roadworthy, the regulatory authorities grounded the fleet of the transport company involved.
National Bulk Tanker Association [NBTA] convened meetings of members and invited BLIA members to participate
See further details in ABOUT US pages.
The various Port Authorities advise clients of variances to tariffs. BLIA Inc. also gets some advices and promulgates to members.
Port Authorities detail charges on their web sites which are listed on our Members Page .
MELBOURNE PORT LICENCE FEE INFORMATION – February 2014
The total amount of PLF recovered for the 2012-13 financial year was $72.7 million an under-recovery of $2.3 million.
PoMC advises that it has recently received notification from the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure that the quantum of PLF required to be paid to Government by PoMC for 2013-14 is $76.429 million.
For the first six months of the financial year 2013-14 (1 July to 31 December), the PLF recovered by PoMC was $40.4 million. This is slightly below (approximately $0.2 million) PoMC budgeted amount for the half year.
Full details available at…. www.portofmelbourne.com/Port Licence Fee